Nov 28, 2011

Bring on that old soul




Greetings :)

Lovely people I feel like my posts are coming in greater gaps than I would like to maintain but since I have come home, things have been a little crazy and buckling down to some blogging has had to be between a few stolen moments.

I was hanging with my mother and she always beams when listening to the old grooves of her days with Nina Simone being an artist that always comes up. I have had the wonderful opportunity of listening to this talented woman who gave us the songs like ,"Young, Gifted and Black"which did a great deal for black pride.Having spent a number of years in place s like Liberia, England and Barbados so her music had universal appeal duting the 1970s and 1980s.

Her look was rather intresting and I have come to rather enjoy gawking at her various looks in her hey days.

Check a video of her performing.





NinaSimone.70'sNinaSimone.long.sleeves




























from the creaks of the cottage.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment